The 25th annual Battleship Half Marathon, 10K & 5K will take place on Sunday, Nov. 12, from 7am to 11am and bring approximately 2,200 participants to the downtown Wilmington area.
The half marathon course begins on Water Street in front of the Alton Lennon Federal Building and heads north to the Isabel Holmes Bridge, south on US 421 toward and across the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge, then around Greenfield Lake, and ends back at Water Street.
The 10K race follows the same route as the half marathon but turns around on Greenfield Street and heads to the finish line on Water Street.
The 5K race stays in downtown Wilmington.
The following street/lane closures will be needed.
Saturday, November 11 at Noon:
- Water St between Market St and Princess St
Sunday, November 12 at 3:00 am:
- Princess St. between N Front St. & N Water St.
- Orange St. between Water & Front
- Water St between Red Cross & Orange
- Front St between Brunswick and Red Cross
- Front St between Ann and Orange
- Hanover St. between Nutt St. & N Front St.
- Grace St. between N Water St. & 2nd St.
- Red Cross St. between N Water St. & N 2nd St.
- Northbound S Front St. between Burnett Blvd/Carolina Beach Rd. and Orange St.
- Southbound N 2nd St. between Grace St. & Red Cross St.
- Southbound exit ramp to S Front St. from Cape Fear Memorial Bridge / Hwy. 74/76
- S Front St. on ramp to Cape Fear Memorial Bridge / westbound Hwy 74/76
- Greenfield St. between S Front St. & S 2nd St.
Lane closure – Inside lane of W. Lakeshore Dr., from S 5th Ave. to Woodland Ave. – no vehicular traffic clockwise around Greenfield Lake.