The 19th annual Holiday Parade will take place in downtown Wilmington on Sunday, December 11th. The event typically draws thousands of people to downtown to check out all the festive floats — and Santa!
Here are the expected traffic impacts for the parade which will begin at 6pm.
Location of Event:
- Front St. between Brunswick St. & Castle St.
Street Closures & Times
Staging area to close at 2:30pm:
- N Front St. between Brunswick St. & Walnut St.
- Hanover St. between 2nd St. & Nutt St
- Red Cross St. between Water/Nutt St. & 2nd St.
- Walnut St. between N 2nd St. & Front St.
Parade route to close at 5:00pm (staff at barricades will allow cross traffic over Front St. until just before the parade starts):
- Front St. between Walnut St. & Castle St.
- Market St. between Water and Front
- Castle St. between N Front St. & Surrey St.
- Church St. between N Front St. & Surrey St.
- Surrey St. between Church and Castle
- Participant setup will take place on Front Street between Walnut St. and Brunswick, Hanover between Front and 2nd and in Cape Fear Community College student parking lot # 1 beginning at 2:30 pm
- Actual parade begins at 6pm at the corner of N. Front St. and Walnut St. ending at Church St. The parade entries will continue to Castle St. and will be diverted down to the Surry St./Dram Tree Park as their final stopping points
- Parade should be over by 7:00 pm with breakdown to follow immediately after parade finishes allowing time for solid waste to clean up.