The 24th annual Battleship Half Marathon, 10K & 5K will take place on Sunday, Nov. 13, from 7am to 11am and bring approximately 2,000 participants to the downtown Wilmington area.
The half marathon course begins on North Front Street, between Princess & Market streets, and heads north to the Isabel Holmes Bridge, south on US 421 to and across the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge, then around Greenfield Lake, and ends back at North Front Street. The 10K race follows the same route as the half marathon but turns around on Greenfield Street and heads to the North Front Street finish line. The 5K race stays in downtown Wilmington.
The following street/lane closures will be needed:
- Front Street between Market Street & Princess Street
- Princess Street between North Front Street & North Water Street
- Grace Street between North Water Street & Second Street
- Red Cross Street between North Water Street & North Second Street
- Hanover Street between Nutt Street & North Front Street
- Southbound Front Street between North Third Street & Queen Street (cross streets of Church, Nun, Ann, Orange, Dock, Market, Princess Chestnut, Brunswick, Harnett & Cowan St. open to vehicular traffic with controlled crossing by WPD and event volunteers)
- Northbound South Front Street between Burnett Boulevard/Carolina Beach Road and Queen Street
- Southbound North Second Street between Grace Street & Red Cross Street
- Southbound exit ramp to South Front Street from Cape Fear Memorial Bridge / Hwy 74/76
- South Front Street on-ramp to Cape Fear Memorial Bridge / westbound Hwy 74/76
- Greenfield Street between South Front Street & South Second Street
- Lane closure – Inside lane of West Lakeshore Drive, from South 5th Avenue to Woodland Avenue. No vehicular traffic clockwise around Greenfield Lake